- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Applied Biotechnology Certificate
- Bioinformatics Certificate
- Biofuels Technician
- Biomanufacturing Associates Degree
- Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Bioprocess Laboratory Technology
- Biotechnician / Bioscience certificate
- Biotechnology Associates degree
- Clinical Research Professional
- Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- Genomics Technology Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certificate
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs Associates degree
- Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Technologist
- Stem Cell Certificate
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Summer Internships for Community College Students at the National Institutes of Health - Applications now open!
From the National Institutes of Health, Tuesday, November 15, 2012...
I would like to inform you that the on-line application for the NIH Community College Summer Enrichment Program (CCSEP) is now open! This is an 8-week paid internship that will give your students the opportunity to conduct full time research and participate in various workshops and activities throughout the summer. If you are aware of any students that are interested in gaining research experience or contemplating pursuing a career in science, please encourage them to apply. The CCSEP application deadline is January 15th . The reference letters should be submitted by January 31st.
In short, the qualifications are:
- At least part-time at a community college (dual programs with high schools or universities are ineligible)
- GPA 3.0 or above
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Majoring in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Public Health, Health-related discipline
Interested students will need to complete the NIH summer internship application (general contact information, grades, cover letter and names of 2 references—references will have to submit letters or recommendation).
Please encourage your students to view the online workshop that will provide application tips on Applying successfully to the NIH Summer internship program.
***Since CCSEP is a part of the general summer internship program, the applicant should specifically state in their cover letter that they are applying to the Community College Summer Enrichment Program.
***In the application, please be sure to choose “CCSEP” in the pull-down menu for Item #9.
For additional information please visit the CCSEP website: https://www.training.nih.gov/
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me! Thank you for encouraging your students to apply!!!
Erika L. Barr, Ph.D [C]
Coordinator, Special Projects
Office of the Director
Office of Intramural Training and Education
National Institutes of Health
Building 2, 2E06
The National Institutes of Health Summer Internship Program for Undergraduates now recognizes applicants from Community Colleges, reserving a significant number of positions for applicants from 2-year colleges who specify this status right up front in their e-mails and application cover letters.
Example Subject Header:
"Question from Community College student about CCSEP internships"
Example Cover Letter:
"To whom this may concern:
I am a community college student applying for the NIH CCSEP summer Internship program."
Also be sure to visit NIH Office of Training Resources (with tips for applying for biomedical science positions at any level) https://www.training.nih.gov/nih_resources#Other%20Online
NIH has a large summer program with many participants who come from other parts of the country. Area residents neighboring the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD, offer short-term room rentals, etc., with listings available from NIH.
This year's NIH Community College Day was held on October 11, 2011. View presentations and flyer here: