- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Applied Biotechnology Certificate
- Bioinformatics Certificate
- Biofuels Technician
- Biomanufacturing Associates Degree
- Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Bioprocess Laboratory Technology
- Biotechnician / Bioscience certificate
- Biotechnology Associates degree
- Clinical Research Professional
- Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- Genomics Technology Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certificate
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs Associates degree
- Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Technologist
- Stem Cell Certificate
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Research Triangle Park, NC
Sphinx Pharmaceuticals is a drug discovery company that uses combinatorial chemistry and High Thoughput Screening. These techniques allow Sphinx to screen up to 100,000 compounds a day to discover the best candidates for new medicines. Sphinx is a division of Eli Lilly and Company which is a large pharmaceutical firm employing more than 31,000 people worldwide. In 1982, Lilly made biotechnology history by marketing human insulin (trade name Humulin®), the first medicine created by recombinant DNA technology.
What does this job involve?
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Assist in maintaining a compound library with the use of robotics and computers.
Commonly Used Skills and Techniques:
- Use of computer systems for updating and auditing an inventory database.
- Operation of a robotics systems for the replication of compound plates for research purposes.
- Pipetting for custom compound plates
Rewards and Challenges
What do you find most rewarding about this job?:
"Because I have the responsibility of maintaining stock items and services for our lab, I have grown to enjoy the business aspects of running a company. I enjoy the interaction with outside venders and service personnel."
What is the most challenging part of your job?:
"Motivating all persons on your team, either in or out of the company, to do a quality job in a timely manner in order to assure zero down-time"
Daily Experiences: "Our Performance Management Program, which was set in place to motivate employees to have personal and professional goals, has helped me to continue to learn in and out of our Sphinx facilities; i.e., taking computer classes"
Quote: "We are the sum of our choices. This applies to our personal, as well as, our professional lives. If we continue to make good choices based on a sound value system, even in the face of adversity, we will be rewarded with positive results in the end."