- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Applied Biotechnology Certificate
- Bioinformatics Certificate
- Biofuels Technician
- Biomanufacturing Associates Degree
- Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Bioprocess Laboratory Technology
- Biotechnician / Bioscience certificate
- Biotechnology Associates degree
- Clinical Research Professional
- Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- Genomics Technology Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certificate
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs Associates degree
- Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Technologist
- Stem Cell Certificate
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Research & Development Scientist 4
Headquartered in Madison Wisconsin, Promega Biosciences Inc is a leading manufacturer of specialty biochemicals used in the life sciences. They partner with leaders in biopharmaceuticals and the life sciences, and offer customers quality, experience, flexibility, responsiveness and technical competence.
What does this job involve?
Job Description and Responsibilities:
I work in the R&D Genetic Analysis Group where my expertise is in the Genetic Identity product line. The job entails daily computer operation, laboratory bench work and collaborating with colleagues within and outside of Promega. My position also includes responsibilities for the operation and troubleshooting of state-of-the-art-instrumentation, experimental design, data generation and analysis.
Commonly Used Skills and Techniques:
This position uses the skills learned in school. The variety of course work offered in the program is a definite benefit. Many of my coworkers have commented on the broad range of knowledge that I obtained with my degree. There are great variety and responsibility with this profession, not just sitting at a desk.
Rewards and Challenges
What do you find most rewarding about this job?:
I find working with the Genetic Identity Group a challenging experience. I enjoy working with the diverse group of intelligent and dedicated people. The flexible schedule is highly satisfactory to those working full-time.
Quote: Don't expect to start out at the top, be willing to work your way up to the position you desire. Be open to learning new skills and have a willingness to learn whenever the opportunity arises. Additional business and marketing courses would be helpful.