- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Reply to comment
Navigating the Waves: Web Publishing, Social Media & Biotech Careers - Sessions for Program leaders, Bio-Link Fellows, and Synergy B2B participants
Presenters: Sandra Porter & Patricia Delich
- Connect with Bio-Link Through Social Media - by Patricia Delich
We will have two sessions that are slightly different:
One session is more specific to the needs of Bio-Link program members and partners. The other session is more specific to Bridge adopters.
I. When do you need to log in?
• ❑ create or edit content
• ❑ Directories
• ❑ Bridge to Biotech
• ❑ Courses in a Box
II. What happens if you forget your log in name or password?
III. How does the Bio-Link web site work?
• ❑ CMS - content management system
• ❑ lots of modules
• ❑ special fields
• ❑ database queries
• ❑ Publishing - visible and invisible content
• ❑ Workspace
IV. Formattting content
• ❑ Why is this complicated?
• ❑ Hidden characters
• ❑ Translating to HTML
• ❑ What can help?
• ❑ writing on the web
• ❑ Pasting as plain text, formatting later
• ❑ Adding links
V. How can you help yourself (and others) ?
• ❑ Edit, or add your comments to the Bio-Link User Guide
1. Log in.
2. Working with your program page
This session is open to anyone, but will emphasize skills that are needed for Bio-Link program leaders.
This session is open to anyone, but will emphasize skills that are needed for Bridge to Biotech adopters.
For Bridge participants:
Instead of making a blog post, please post your content in the Bridge to Biotech area:
1. Go to Create Content
2. Choose Bridge to Biotech
3. On your Bridge page - enter information in the form areas.
- Write a title
- Pick a tag to get the information in the right place
- Write a sentence in the body
- Upload a file.