- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Applied Biotechnology Certificate
- Bioinformatics Certificate
- Biofuels Technician
- Biomanufacturing Associates Degree
- Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Bioprocess Laboratory Technology
- Biotechnician / Bioscience certificate
- Biotechnology Associates degree
- Clinical Research Professional
- Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- Genomics Technology Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certificate
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs Associates degree
- Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Technologist
- Stem Cell Certificate
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Biotechnology & Biomanufacturing—Redefining the Workforce
Presenter: Peter A. Schaefer, Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY
Through an ARRA stimulus grant, a partnership was established among regional stakeholders to participate in a training program for entry-level and advanced laboratory technicians in the fields of biotechnology and biomanufacturing. Unemployed worker retraining and public school career pathway development are a major focus of sustaining this effort. Participants have hands-on experience with equipment they will use in the workplace, thus minimizing the time for on-the-job training.
Peter A. Schaefer, Ph.D., has 20 years experience in biomedical research and is currently chair of an integrated sciences department at Hudson Valley Community College. He is the principal investigator of a DOL/ETA Workforce Development Grant focusing on biotechnology and biomanufacturing training.
Conference tweets from @digitalbio:
"Schaefer: HVCC adding biomanufacturing, students are provided with tuition support & job placement"
"Peter Schaefer, Hudson Valley Community College - most demand for biotech graduates from New York State Police Crime Lab"