- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
SOP for Pall Filtron Tangential Flow Diafiltration Apparatus
Preparation for Start Up
- Make sure that the speed dial is set at zero and that the forward/reverse switch is in the "OFF" position.
- Turn the To Pump Valve and Back Pressure Valve to the open position (parallel to the valve body).
- Make sure that the 3-Way Valve is in the closed position (pointing towards the reservoir).
Cleaning the System
- Prepare 1 Liter of 0.1M NaOH.
- Pour 500ml of 0.1M NaOH into reservoir
- Check the pH of distilled water to be used later.
- Flip the forward/reverse switch to the forward position and slowly turn the speed dial to 4.
- Slowly turn the Back Pressure Valve toward the closed position until the pressure reads between 20-35 psi. This generates the flow rate.
- Drain 250 ml and make sure pH is less than 11.
- Turn the speed setting to zero.
- Open the Back Pressure Valve and close the 3-Way Valve.
- Turn the pump on and set the speed dial between 1-3 for a low recirculation rate for 5 minutes.
- Turn the speed dial to zero and open the 3-Way Valve. Recheck ph to make sure it is greater than 11.
- Clean the system using Deionized water by repeating steps 1-10.
- Add sample to be processed to reservoir, not more than 500 ml.
- Open the Back Pressure Valve. Be sure that the 3-Way Valve is closed (pointing toward the reservoir).
- Put the forward/reverse switch in the forward position and slowly turn the speed dial to 3.
- Slowly turn the Back Pressure Valve to the closed position until the pressure gauge reads between 20-35 psi.
- Continue this operation until the desired concentration is achieved. For example, 400 ml concentration to 200 ml.
- Once the sample size is cut in half, attach tubing to top of lid and place other end in a waste beaker for buffer exchange. Check pH to get the same as the equilibration buffer.
- Once an equal pH is achieved, collect the results to be used in running a column. (see Concentrate Recovery).
- When the final concentrate is achieved, turn the speed dial to zero.
- Fully open the 3-Way Valve.
- Turn the pump on and adjust to a speed setting between 1-3.
- Collect the concentrate that will go to the reservoir.
- Turn the speed back to zero, close the 3-Way Valve and return the speed dial setting to 1-3.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for maximum recovery.
- Store by following the cleaning section without rinsing the system in deionized water, use 0.1M Sodium Hydroxide as a storage agent.