SOP for UVP Inc. Ultraviolet Transilluminator
- Place UV Transilluminator on level surface being sure that air can pass easily underneath the machine.
- Plug machine into electrical outlet.
- Make sure surface area of machine is clean. Use damp cloth to clean working area.
- Everyone in the room should be wearing protective eyewear: faceshields for people using the transilluminator and glasses or goggles for other personnel.
- Place gel/sample on filter area of the Transilluminator. NOTE: DO not place SYBR Green stained gel directly on the UV Transilluminator. Be sure to place a piece of plastic wrap between the two surfaces.
- Place flourescent rulers on each side of sample to easily measure any movements of DNA.
- Shut off lights in the room and turn on machine.
- After viewing, shut off machine and turn on lights. Be sure to clean machine with an alcohol prep swab and dry with a Wypall towel after each use.
« Biotechnology Laboratory Equipment