- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
TOPIC 1: OUTREACH AND RECRUITMENT
Submitted by Eilene Lyons on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 9:52am
I’ve been doing some reading and thinking on this topic. Here is some scholarly information and, hopefully, guidance for anyone who would like to read on….
Outreach is a community college mission which involves two Core Indicators as defined in Core Indicators of Effectiveness for Community Colleges, 3rd Edition (Alfred, Shults and Seybert, 2007, published by the American Association for Community Colleges, http://www.aacc.nche.edu/Publications/Pages/Product.aspx?Product_Id=275). These Core Indicators are:
Regional Market Penetration Rates
The definition for market penetration rate is the proportion of citizens in a defined service region involved in some way with a college. Community colleges should…”remain alert to local and regional needs, as well as needs beyond the region [the country and the world].” Community colleges should …”respond on a timely basis with programs and services that meet identified or anticipated needs.” (Page 15)
Responsiveness to Community Needs
Demographic data collection should show there is…”appropriate, proportional representation from various segments of the community in college programs and services [with attention given to the underserved populations in the community].” (Page 15)
QUESTIONS you may wish to answer in your post
- What local, regional and/ or national needs are being met by your B2B program? How have these needs been met? What data do you have that confirm this?
- Has the development of your B2B program been successful at including underserved populations in your B2B Learning Community? How have you recruited to ensure this success? If not, what are you doing now or what are you planning to do differently?
- How successful has your recruitment been, overall? To what do you attribute this? What are you doing differently to increase the number of students in your program? Will these changes continue to ensure you reach the underserved populations?
- What questions do you have for other members of the forum