- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Applied Biotechnology Certificate
- Bioinformatics Certificate
- Biofuels Technician
- Biomanufacturing Associates Degree
- Biomanufacturing Certificate
- Bioprocess Laboratory Technology
- Biotechnician / Bioscience certificate
- Biotechnology Associates degree
- Clinical Research Professional
- Environmental Laboratory Technologist
- Genomics Technology Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Intensive Certificate
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs Associates degree
- Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Technologist
- Stem Cell Certificate
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
6th Annual Amgen Bruce Wallace Biotechnology Program Workshop
Date:Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 3:00pm - Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 12:00am
Who is this workshop designed for? This workshop is designed for High School Teachers in the Greater Seattle and surrounding areas.
What is the Amgen-Bruce Wallace program?
The Amgen-Bruce Wallace Biotechnology Lab Program is an educational outreach
program that provides equipment, curriculum assistance and supplies to high schools and
colleges. The program integrates:
- . hands-on, inquiry-based molecular biology curriculum
- . extensive teacher support
- . the excitement of scientific discovery
- . relevant curricula, tools and techniques
- . the introduction of a wide range of career opportunities in science
Aligned with National and State Science Education Standards, the program supports the
goal of achieving scientific literacy. The program not only provides a thoroughly tested
and robust curriculum, but also provides a full suite of transportable, research-grade
equipment and supplies to allow teachers to conduct advanced and contemporary
activities within their high school classroom.
For more information about the Amgen-Bruce Wallace Program: http://www.bwbiotechprogram.com/
- . Learn and practice lab techniques in biotechnology
- . Develop successful instructional strategies for teaching biotechnology
- . Develop a collegial network for support for teaching biotechnology
- . Labs include: Micropipette Practice, Restriction Analysis of Plasmids,
- Ligation of Restriction Fragments, Producing a Recombinant Plasmid, etc.
- .Completion of the course allows participants to borrow biotechnology equipment and consumables.
Who should attend: All biology teachers who want to incorporate biotechnology techniques in their
curriculum are invited to this workshop.
* Please note this is a hands on lab course and time may go over.