Using RSS Feeds with Bio-Link
Why use RSS Feeds with Bio-Link?
As a fast and easy way to read Bio-Link’s blog posts.
What are RSS Feeds?
The acronym RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS is used for publishing frequently used media such as news, blogs, audio, video, etc. When a site is set up to syndicate information using RSS feeds, this icon is used.
How to use RSS Feeds with Bio-Link
There are several ways to receive RSS feeds from Bio-Link. Choose one that works best for you:
- Read the feed directly from your web browser: On the Bio-Link homepage, click on the RSS icon.
- Read the feed from your email application: Copy this link: http://www.bio-link.org/home/rss.xml and open your email application. Each email interface is different, but the logic will be similar. I will describe how to do it using Apple's Mail Program:
- Under the File Menu, choose "Add RSS Feeds ..."
- Choose the URL option and paste the URL in the box.
- The Bio-Link RSS Feed appears in the left column at the bottom called "RSS Feeds."
- Read the feed using an RSS Reader. There are several RSS Readers to choose from. Here are a few:
- Read the feed from your mobile phone. Here is one free RSS Reader for the iPhone and iTouch: http://code.google.com/p/mobile-rss. The free version has ads; the pro version is not free, but does not have ads.