- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Molecular Biology Lab Exercises for the Classroom!
Date:Monday, July 9, 2012 (All day) - Wednesday, July 11, 2012 (All day)
The North Valley Biotechnology Center and the Biotechnology Program at American River College are pleased to offer a series of Workshops which will support our Equipment Loan Program! This 3-day Summer Workshop will focus on biomolecular techniques commonly used in industry and University labs. Attendance at the workshop will make you eligible to participate in our Equipment Loan Program!
July 9-11, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
American River College, Sacramento
- Hands on molecular biology lab exercises in an accessible format for the high school classroom (including PCR, Transformation, agarose gel electrophoresis, Restriction Digestion and much more!)
- Lectures covering a variety of molecular biology techniques and latest advances
- Roundtable discussions and Networking opportunities with other teachers
- Tour of a local biotech company
- Instructional materials and curriculum packages
- Access to the NVBC equipment loan program
- Certificate of completion and letter to school/district upon request
- Information on our school year programs for teachers and students, including student mentoring and internships!
Please register by June 25th!
For information and to register, please contact:
Heather M. Brown, Ph.D., Director – North Valley Biotechnology Center
Phone: 916-484-8898 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Upcoming Workshop Summer 2012: International Barcode of Life Project* @ Bodega Marine Lab, July 17th-24th http://studentbarcoding.org/get-involved/teachers/guidelines-application.html