- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Innovative and New Programs in Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing
Dr. Sonia Wallman from NBC2 moderated this panel of innovative leaders from biotechnology and biomanufacturing programs.
This year’s panel featured programs noteworthy in their approach to biotechnology/biomanufacturing education and training and the workforce.
Panelists included leaders of the:
- Lone Star Biotechnology Institute at Lone Star College, Working with the local biomedical and biofuels industry in Houston, TX;
- Biomass Production Training Certificate at Mira Costa College part of the EDGE (Educating and Developing Workers for the Green Economy) initiative for San Diego County, CA;
- SoCalBio Biomanufacturing Consortium to develop biomanufacturing technician education and training programs to support the maturation of the industry in Los Angeles/Orange Counties, CA;
- and a new program, Biotechnology and Compliance, focusing on biomanufacturing and partnered with local industry at Quincy College in Quincy, MA