- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
Practicing Social Media in a Safe Setting
1. What social media tools does Bio-Link use?
Bio-Link uses a List Serve, Facebook, LInkedIn, RSS, and Twitter to reach out and communicate with our community.
More info in the Bio-Link Guide to Social Media
2. Shared note taking with Twitter:
- JGI Sequencer meeting http://storify.com/phylogenomics/jgi-user-meeting-day-1-2
- ISB Symposium on microbiome: http://storify.com/brianduggan/isbsymp-favorite-quotes-and-highlights
3. Tweet chat examples:
White House tweet chat : Kumar Garg with teachers, #WHChat
via Storify: http://storify.com/whitehouse/stem-office-hours
Science education journal club: #SciTeachJC
3. Sign up for Twitter account.
4. Post something you've learned at Hi-TEC - use #hitec2012 as the hash tag.
What is a hash tag? A "#" is called a "hash"
A tag is a word or phrase to describe something.
Twitter Safety advice:
- Do not click links from people you don't know
- Do not follow your students - use a hash tag for discussions