- Biotech degrees / certificates
- Event Materials
- Photo Gallery
InnovaBio is an innovative partnership of corporations and educators working to support Utah's biotechnology industry. We offer a low risk environment for organizations wishing to develop a product or wanting to explore new ideas using our state of the art biotechnology lab, qualified scientists and student interns. The challenging research completed by our interns creates a valuable talent pool for Utah biotechnology companies.
The overall goal of the contract research organization, InnovaBio, was to create flexible industry-based research internship opportunities that were available to high school and college students. InnovaBio contracts projects, both research and development and services, from local life science companies and interns work as teams to conduct the work. The work is conducted on-site at the Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) Biotechnology labs and supervised by the InnovaBio scientific staff. Students receive credible research experience and internship credit.
Additionally, students will learn critical soft skills such as:
- Effective communication
- Effective team working
- Problem solving
Is InnovaBio For Me
Our mission is to mentor the next generation of Biotechnology Graduates and simultaneously assist local scientific and biotech enterprises in developing research projects.
1. Provide a challenging and exciting training environment for high school and college interns
2. Provide optimal access to all interns to increase success in their career path
3. Provide quality research services to contract company partners in a directed and timely fashion
4. Contribute to economic and workforce development for the State of Utah