The Bio-Link Depot is a non-profit 501c3 organization operated by the City College of San Francisco as part of Bio-Link. Since 2002, the Bio-Link Depot has connected teachers with science supplies donated by local biotech companies and organizations.
The Depot has become a gathering place where teachers meet, pick up equipment and supplies, and also donate their time and ideas. In the 2014-2015 school year, the Depot distributed over $433,000 worth of equipment and materials to over 193 schools, positively impacting over 330 teachers and 16,071 students
• 2002: Genentech gives the Depot $50,000 in seed funding
• 2002: CCSF/Bio-Link starts program
• 2006: Depot begins functioning as a distribution center
• 2011: Bio-Link publishes an Equipment Depot Resource Guide
• 2013: The Depot Advisory Committee is formed
• 2015/16: Incorporated as a 501c3
To learn more about monthly open houses and volunteering, sign up for the Bio-Link Depot newsletter.
Learn more about the Bio-Link Depot.
If you wish to donate equipment or supplies, visit the Donate page at the Bio-Link Depot website.